Wow! It’s been a little while since I posted, but I’m back at it again. In my post starting off the year, I talked about taking more time for myself and posting more, but that isn’t how these past few months worked out. I’ve been working, trying to grow my confidence, and figuring out how to give the people what they want.
If you didn’t know already, I got my real estate license at the end of 2020. I’m now a Realtor with Crye-Leike, Realtors. Additionally, I have another full-time job as a drink runner at Topgolf. When I’m not working, I’m grabbing dinner and drinks with my girlfriends or trying to get things done around the house. Also, Cash is doing well! We got a new housemate named Valley in February. She is a beagle mix and loves to play fight with Cash. On April 15th, I will be getting my 2nd dose of the Pfizer vaccine, which means life is getting back to normal again.
Some songs that I have been listening to on repeat are:
- “Poster Girl” by Zara Larsson
- “Still Smokin'” by RaeLynn
- “Things A Man Oughta Know” by Lainey Wilson
- “Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home)” by Elle King & Miranda Lambert
Of course, I stick to my staples, like Taylor Swift, Maren Morris, and Ariana Grande. Here is a playlist, but be warned, it is very mixed.
As of March 26th, 20% of Nashville’s residents have received a vaccine and they have now opened up vaccination eligibility to everyone over the age of 16. The city is still trying to get back to normal, but restrictions are lessening. Because of this, I have been trying new places recently with my roommates and other friends. Here are a few that I recommend and some food/drinks you should try:
Hawkers is an Asian Street Food restaurant in East Nashville right on Main Street. With neon lights and murals cascading across every wall, Hawkers is a piece of art. You’ll need to be prepared for long wait times, but you can pass the time by playing Jenga or Connect Four. Additionally, don’t expect to get all your food at the same time. If it is possible, I recommend sharing different dishes family style. You can find some of their food options HERE. I recommend:
- Hokkien Mee – This meal was delicious and fulfilled all of what I wanted. It’s noodles with shrimp, chicken, char siu (barbecue), and vegetables in a dark soy sauce.
- Edamame – If you want to add some spice, you can add a chili and garlic flavor.
- Dumplings – They come fried or steamed with a soy sauce dipping sauce.
- Pearl Diver is a great place to grab drinks with friends, but they also have a small selection of food. For food, I recommend the Steamed Pork Dumplings and the Veggie Lo Mein. For drinks, I recommend the Pina Colada and the basics like the Margarita and the Paloma. HERE is their current menu.
Assembly Food Hall at Fifth + Broadway
- Assembly Food Hall is a hopping spot with plenty of food options and more coming soon. I just grabbed drinks here with one of my friends on a Saturday night. It was very popular and everyone loved the off-Broadway acoustic, live music that was heard throughout the space.
Don’t forget Nashville is still recovering from the Tornado in March 2020 and local businesses are just now opening up. My favorite being Boombozz which is celebrating its Grand Opening today, April 6th. If you’re visiting town, try as many local places as you can. You won’t regret it!
Hopefully, my next post will come sooner than this one did, but keep your eyes open because I think big things are coming in 2021.